As a user of this Opalesque site and service you agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions:
1. Subscriptions to the Opalesque Solutions Family Office Database are non-cancelable/non-refundable.
2. When subscribing to the Opalesque Solutions Family Office Database service and data, these products are licensed to you for your internal use only.
3. The products shall not be reproduced, revealed, or made available in whole or part to anyone else unless required by law. You acknowledge that the products are subject to the copyright and other proprietary rights of the Opalesque Media Group and you will not commit or permit any act or omission that would impair such rights. Copyright/Use: The information available through the Opalesque Solutions Family Office Database website is the property of the Opalesque Solutions, a wholly owned subsidiary of Opalesque Ltd., and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. The following copyright notice: "Copyright © 2012 Opalesque Solutions, Member of the Opalesque Media Group. All rights reserved." along with logos from the Opalesque Solutions and Family Office Database websites, shall not be removed from any printouts from the Service; any references will follow normal standards of scholarly attribution.
4. You are granted one (1) nonexclusive, concurrent, non-transferable, limited license to access the Service. You are not allowed to share your logon. Logon is for one (1) user only. If you want to give more users from your firms access to the Opalesque Solutions Family Office Database, each user must be using a dedicated logon. Additional logons can be bought here: http://www.familyofficedatabase.info/sign-up.html (make sure to LOG OUT before ordering a new user).
Client agrees to make reasonable efforts to inform authorized users that they may not systematically reproduce, photocopy, distribute, or disseminate information received through the Service for any commercial/profitable purpose; furthermore, authorized users may not re-transmit, sell, publish, broadcast, or circulate the information received through the Service to anyone else without the express prior written consent of Opalesque Solutions. Client may use information from the Service, but copying, distributing or otherwise making available Opalesque Solutions or its licensor’s copyright-protected content from the Service to third parties is forbidden.
You are prohibited from: (a) using or permitting the use of the information to prepare an original database or a comparison to other databases that are sold, rented, published, or furnished in any manner to a third party; or (b) using or permitting the use of the information for the purpose of compiling, enhancing, verifying, supplementing, adding to, or deleting from any mailing list, business directory, or other compilation of information that is sold, rented, published or furnished in any manner to a third party c) abusing database information by what Opalesque Solutions sees as data mining or data theft (subscribers access a maximum of 1000 profiles per month) d) recklessly abusing contacts in the database, including repeatedly contacting or emailing of members from our community.
5. You agree not to use or run any automated system, including but not limited to "robots", "spiders", or "offline readers," that access the Website in a manner that sends more request messages to the Opalesque Solutions server(s) in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Opalesque Solutions grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials. Opalesque Solutions reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases.
When we detect an automated data harvesting system was used in the manner described above, you agree to a payment of the full yearly access fee for the FOIDB database and to immediately cease any misuse and adhere to our Terms and Conditions as laid out in the Fair Information Statement (link this to fair information statement, http://www.familyofficedatabase.info/fair-information-statement.html)
6. Warranties/Limitations. A) Due to the number of sources from which information on the Service is obtained, and the inherent hazards of electronic distribution and the Internet, there may be delays, omissions, or inaccuracies in obtaining or accessing such information and the Service. B) THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS-IS", "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. OPALESQUE SOLUTIONS CANNOT AND DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE NEWS AND INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE, OR THE SERVICE ITSELF. NEITHER OPALESQUE LTD., OPALESQUE SOLUTIONS, NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, OR LICENSORS SHALL BE LIABLE TO THE CLIENT OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY ITS NEGLIGENCE OR CONTINGENCIES BEYOND ITS CONTROL IN PROCURING, COMPILING, INTERPRETING, REPORTING, OR DELIVERING THE SERVICE AND ANY NEWS AND INFORMATION THROUGH THE SERVICE. IN NO EVENT WILL OPALESQUE SOLUTIONS., ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO THE CLIENT OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY THE SUBSCRIBER IN RELIANCE ON SUCH INFORMATION, OR FOR DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE CLIENT AGREES THAT THE LIABILITY OF OPALESQUE LTD. OR OPALESQUE SOLUTIONS IF ANY, ARISING OUT OF ANY KIND OF LEGAL CLAIM (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE), IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE SERVICE OR THE INFORMATION IN THE SERVICE, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT THE SUBSCRIBER PAID TO OPALESQUE SOLUTIONS FOR USE OF THE SERVICE.
7. This agreement and performance hereunder shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Cyprus, and any action, suit or proceeding instituted hereunder shall be maintained in the courts of Cyprus.
8. These Terms and Conditions and any associated return or cancellation policy may be amended by time to time. Any amendment is effective upon either a posting of the latest version on the applicable http://www.familyofficedatabase.info web page, or upon notice by electronic mail or US mail. Notwithstanding any opt-in or opt-out preferences you may have expressed, Opalesque Solutions reserves the right to notify you by email of changes to these Terms and Conditions. Your continued use of the licensed products following notice of any amendment to this agreement shall be conclusively deemed an acceptance of such amendment.